- Ergonomic designs, and ergonomic sitting positions
- Both are made from 100% cotton
- Both have a maximum weight capacity of 45 pounds
- Both offer adjustable sleeping hoods
- Both have storage pockets
- Both also offer evenly-managed weight distribution between shoulders and hips
- Sliding sternum straps
ERGO Baby Carrier Advantages:
- More padding – The shoulder straps offer 1″ high density foam, and the waist belt offer quarter-inch high density foam. Plus they adjust 5″ more than the Boba 3G shoulder straps.
- More positions – The ERGO Baby Carrier offers front facing-in, hip, and back carry.
- More Storage – You get a stuff pouch, which is also used to store the sleeping hood but still has room for small items, plus you get a large zippered storage pocket for other items. The Boba 3G also has two storage pockets, but they’re not as big.
- Infant insert (sold separately) offers more head support for smaller babies
Boba 3G Carrier Advantages:
- Lower weight limit – You can use the Boba 3G from 7 pounds up to 45 pounds without the need to purchase an infant insert. It easily converts into a newborn carrier with additional head support.
- Removable sleeping hood – It also stores in its own zippered pocket. The ERGO Baby Carrier’s sleep hood is integrated and stores in a stuff pouch.
- Adjustable Foot Stirrups – This is what makes the Boba 3G so special. It offers detachable foot stirrups on either side that give older children more support and a better seated position. They are also adjustable side to side, or up and down.
- Purse strap – You can attach your purse strap to the shoulder strap so that it won’t slide off your shoulder.
- Breastfeeding – With a few simple adjustments you can breastfeed your baby while carrying.
If I were to choose one of these baby carriers specifically for comfort, I’d probably go with the ERGO Baby Carrier. It is well known for being extremely comfortable. If I were to choose one specifically for versatility and overall convenience, I’d go with the Boba 3G Carrier. As for prices, the ERGO Baby Carrier lists for about $10 dollars less than the Boba. Keep in mind that if you want to use it with your infant, you will have to also purchase the infant insert. These are the best prices I’ve found so far for both baby carriers.
ERGO Baby Carrier
Amazon offers the best deals on ERGO Baby Carriers, but you have to be very careful, and only buy from authorized dealers. There have been a number of counterfeits sold on Amazon by unauthorized dealers. Below I’ve listed two options, both of which are sold by La Stella Blu, which is an authorized dealer.
Boba 3G Carrier
The Boba 3G can be purchased on Amazon. The merchants listed are all trusted online retailers. You can also get it at Diapers.com. Below are the sale prices.
If you’re still undecided, check out the full reviews listed below, including customer feedback and video demonstrations.