My daughter is an extremely busy 21 month old. If we go to the store it’s a fight just to get her to sit still in the cart. She wants to see everything, touch everything, taste everything (even the shopping cart when I’m not looking). Unfortunately she no longer thinks that riding in a stroller is fun.
The day that the stroller no longer held its appeal, was the day I knew I had to try something different. Just putting her down and letting her walk was definitely not the answer, and it usually ended in me hauling a kicking and screaming toddler out to my car because she refused to hold my hand. Just curious, does any of this sound familiar? I really hope I’m not the only one!
If you haven’t discovered how amazingly helpful a toddler carrier can be, then you are in for a real treat! I know what you’re thinking, if your little one won’t sit still in a stroller, then why on earth would he/she sit still in a toddler carrier.
The truth is, I have no idea why it works, but it does. My daughter LOVES riding in her carrier. Maybe it’s because she’s up high and she can see everything better, or maybe it’s because she gets so much attention in it, I’m not really sure, but it works.
Below is a list of what I consider to be the TOP 5 Toddler Carriers on the market. If you find one you’re interested in, click on the full review for a complete list of features, a customer feedback summary, and where to find the best price.
ERGO Baby Original Carrier
- Price: $80.00 – $115.00
- Weight: 15 to 45 pounds (Will support a newborn with the addition of an infant insert sold separately)
- Positions: (3) front facing in, hip, or back
- Note: The ERGO Original is the most popular soft structured carrier on the market. It’s also made from 100% cotton, which gives you a cuddly feel, but it can also get pretty warm if you live in a warmer climate. Other options include the ERGO Performance Carrier and the ERGO Sport Carrier both of which have the same weight recommendations as the ERGO Original, as well as the same carrying options. The only differences between these three toddler carriers is fabric, shoulder straps, and prices. To learn more about these differences read, The ERGO Original Vs. ERGO Performance Vs. ERGO Sport
- Read the ERGO Baby Original FULL Review….
Beco Butterfly 2 Carrier
- Price $109.00 – $139.00
- Weight: 6 to 45 pounds – comes with a removable infant insert
- Positions: (2) Front facing in, or back
- Note: The Beco Butterfly 2 is noted for being one of the easiest soft structured carriers to use with the back carry position. It offers an internal sling that makes life so much easier. It also comes with the removable infant insert and a detachable sleep hood.
- Read the Beco Butterfly II Full Review…..
Boba 3G Carrier
- Price: $108.00 – $129.00
- Weight: 7 to 45 pounds
- Positions: (2) Front facing in, and back
- Note: The new Boba 3G Carrier is quickly becoming a top seller. The previous design, the Boba 2G, could only be used from 15 to 45 pounds, whereas this new design can be used right from the start. It also offers the detachable foot stirrups, as well as a few more bonus features. Check it out here, read the Boba 3G Carrier Review for more information. Or, learn more about the differences here: Boba 2G Vs. Boba 3G.
BabyHawk Oh Snap Toddler Carrier
- Price $108.78 – $149.00
- Weight: 15 to 45 pounds
- Positions: (2) Front facing in, and back
- Note: The BabyHawk Oh Snap is one of the widest toddler carriers available. It also offers seat darts that provide a sturdier seat for your toddler. It’s not quite as well known as the other toddler carriers listed here, but it seems to be gaining momentum. It’s basically a Mei Tai Carrier with buckles that clip instead of straps that tie.
- Read the BabyHawk Oh Snap Review….
- Price $99.22 – $119.00
- Weight: 12 to 37 pounds
- Positions: (3) Front facing in, hip, or back – Designed specifically for the natural hip carrying position.
- Note: While this toddler carrier does offer both the front and back carrying positions, it is primarily designed to be a hip carrier. So if you’re looking for a toddler carrier with front and back carry, I would suggest one of the other toddler carriers listed above. But if you’re looking for a hip carrier specifically, this one is the best.
- Read the Scootababy Carrier Full Review……
The Best Soft Structured Baby Carriers – This list includes the best baby carriers with the best features, the best reviews, and the best prices.